What we Believe
We believe that the only true God id the Triune God – One God who shows himself as three distinct and separate persons.
- The Father, who creates and preserves all things. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
- The Son, who redeems the world by His perfect life, death and resurrection. (John 3:16, John 5:39; Acts 4:12)
- The Holy Spirit, who brings and keeps people in saving faith in Jesus Christ, who grows and matures us that we live lives that make a difference for the sake of the kingdom. (1 Corinthians 12:3).
We believe that God desires all people to be saved and know the truth.
- God loves all people and wants them to come to love Him and each other. (Ezekiel 33:11; 1 Timothy 2:3, 4; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 4:16)
- We are sinful at birth, alienated from God, and must be born again in faith. (John 3:1-8; Romans 3:23; Colossians 1:21; Ephesians 2:1-5).
We believe that God so loved the world that he sent his only son Jesus to rescue us from our lost condition.
- Jesus Christ is both God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5-6; Colossians 2:8,9)
- Jesus gave His life as the perfect sacrifice for our sins, resulting in our forgiveness and acceptance before God the Father. (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. (Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9,10)
We believe that the Holy Spirit brings us, keeps us, grows and matures us in saving faith through God’s word, Holy Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We cannot believe in Jesus or come to Him without the assistance of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
- God’s Word is true, powerful and has the ability to change lives. (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; Hebrews 4:12)
- Through baptism the Holy Spirit offers all people new life, and makes us God’s children. (John 1:12,13; John 3:1-8; Titus 3:5; Acts 2:38)
- In Holy Communion, Jesus offers believers His body and blood under forms of bread and wine for Christians to eat and drink. (1 Corinthians 10:16,17)
- In Holy Communion God offers believers the forgiveness of sins and increases the depth of their faith. (Matthew 26:27,28; John 6:54-58; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
We believe that through the church God equips, empowers and sends believers to serve him by serving others and sharing the good news about Jesus.
- God has uniquely gifted each person to do good works which He expects His children to do. (Matthew 25:34-40; 1 Peter 4:10; Romans 12:3-21)
- It is not good for people to live in isolation. God intends for us to share His love with nonbelievers and believers alike through intentional relationships. (Genesis 2:18; Galatians 6:9,10; Hebrews 10:25)
- The Christian faith is best lived in close relationships with other people — i.e. Group Life, Missional Communities (Proverbs 27:17; Acts 2:42-47; Romans 12:9-13)
- Our greatest purpose in life is to bring others into a saving relationship with Jesus their Savior. (Matthew 28:19,20; John 20:30,31)
Baptism is a gift of God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) in which He gives us faith in Him. He connects the baptized to the benefits of Jesus’ perfect life, sacrificial death on the cross and victorious resurrection. He calls the baptized by name and says, “You are mine!” He gifts us with forgiveness, salvation, and the promise of eternal life in heaven. Our Lord Jesus promises to be with us now and forever.
Planning the Baptism
If possible, schedule the baptism BEFORE the baby is born. Contact the church office, 239-481-4040 and let us know when you would like your child baptized. We will also ask you to fill out a Baptism application to provide information for our church records and for the Baptismal Certificate and meet with our pastor to go over more information about baptism.
We believe in Jesus and His Word when He says, “This is My Body” and “This is My Blood given and shed for you for the forgiveness of your sins.” We believe that we receive the true body and blood of Jesus when we eat the bread and drink the wine of the Lord’s Supper. Faith in Christ grabs hold of His promises as He delivers forgiveness and strength.
Jesus also says, “Do this in remembrance of me.” When we participate with other believers around the world, throughout time, we are together remembering that He died upon the cross for us. The fact that we believe in His perfect life, suffering and death on the cross, and triumphant rising from the dead makes us One! (1 Cor. 10:16-17)
Join us if you…
- Believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior
- Believe in the true presence of His body and blood
- Examine your life, confess your sins and see your need for the forgiveness He offers you in the Lord’s Supper (1 Cor. 11:27-29), and
- Desire to receive the strengthening of your faith to live a new life
Then come, for these are the gifts of God prepared for the people of God!
We would be honored to worship with you. For our Communion Schedule, click here.
Worship With Us
Come as you are to join us for worship. Click here for our Worship Schedule. If you’d like to learn more about Membership at Zion Lutheran, click here.