Marriage at Zion
As a member congregation of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) we affirm, on the basis of Scripture, that marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman. Also, being a member congregation of the LCMS, we at Zion Lutheran Church conduct weddings that join one man and one woman who intend to be joined together for their lifetime. (Genesis 2:2-4; Matthew 19:5-6)
We ask that couples who choose to get married at Zion Lutheran Church commit to each of the following:
- Grow in your relationship with each other and with your Lord Jesus Christ by worshiping with God’s redeemed people on Sundays.
- Completing Pre-Marital Counseling. We believe in not only preparing you for your wedding, but have a responsibility to prepare you for marriage.
- Praying together about your relationship and marriage. This is an important time in your lives and in your relationship with God.
- You will need to set up a meeting with the pastor performing your ceremony.
- In your meeting with your pastor, you will:
- Review the Wedding Information Packet
- Be registered to take an online inventory by Zoe Score.
- Set the date of your wedding and rehearsal.
We pray that the Holy Spirit will create in you a willingness to make Jesus the center of your lives together. On behalf of all of us at Zion Lutheran, thank you for your consideration and may God bless you on this beautiful journey.
Click Here to contact us if you are interested in more information or to talk to our Pastor about getting married at our church.